Wednesday, March 31, 2010

“We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.” Mother Teresa

Wow - I have to say that I am truly moved by the generosity of people. When I started to make plans for this trip, the main thing holding me back was how on earth I would be able to afford such a trip. I've gone through many changes in the last year in my personal life and feel I have truly grown as an individual. I realized that if I have goals, I needed to stop with the self-pity of how it could never happen and refocus myself to just MAKING it happen. I told myself that when the time was right I would know it, and to not to be concerned with the outcome, but if I live every day working towards my goal, one way or another, it will happen.

So, I am so amazed to report, that as of today, I have collected $1000 for my trip! Many of it in cash contributions, so you will notice my widget is not exactly accurate - but that's okay :-) I am now 25% of the way to my goal...being the last day in March, knowing I have three months left before I need to have these expenses paid, I have even more faith that the support of my friends and family will continue to come through.

And I cannot - MUST NOT - underestimate the sincere support from strangers.....it is amazing to me how people I barley know, in fact, a few I have never met, are making substantial contributions. It makes my nose tingle :-)

I had to search online for quotes about generosity to find the words to express how I am feeling, and I found this one by Mother Teresa. I really believe that so many people hold back thinking their effort won't matter....I am here to tell you that simply isn't true. EVERY little bit helps. And I am so very grateful for ALL of your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment