Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Randomness of Life's Kaleidoscope

I posted this on facebook a while ago...and it seems to me coming back to my mind yet again...

...thinking about this amazing kaleidoscope called life....how people come and go into each others lives never quite knowing the impression they've left on you....and you never knowing the impression you leave on them...and somehow it's all interconnected...and "things happen for a reason"...and you realize the resilience you foster over time...to keep pushing when you're down....and to be grateful for what you have, especially when there are so many without....and before you know it, the colors merge yet again into the absolute perfection of this moment's imperfection.....


So I lied to my little sister tonight...I told her I had posted on my blog the other items I am collecting for the orphanage.....but I guess I haven't done that. I have has so many amazing people ask for this list, and I do know one of my dearest friends, Erin, has collected a bunch of items for the kids. So Candyce - any anyone else - here is the list:

* Toothpaste
* Toothbrushes
* Vitamins/Calcium tablets
* Scabies Medicine
* Multivitamins (syrup more than tablets)
* Antibiotics, antiseptics
* Medical family guides
* Gauze, plasters (elastoplast, not band-aid)
* Antifungal cream
* Wart treatment
* Gloves
* Head lice treatment (for the kids and for yourself)
* Nit combs (almost all children have their heads shaved, only the very rich have money for hair)
* Any books and/or research on health care relevant to Africa
* First aid materials for teaching
* Antibacterial Soap
* Hankies
* Children's clothing
* Balloons
* Water Balloon
* Bubble Solution
* Face Paint
* A cassette player, plenty of batteries and some children's music
* Treats such as stickers, stamps and certificates etc will encourage the children. (for example a star chart to encourage good behaviour.)
* Group games such as bingo, crossword puzzles, scrabble, snakes and ladders, twister etc.
* Mirrors

No comments:

Post a Comment